Re: pbuilder and debhelper: Test suite run before dependencies satisfied

Paul Gevers <paul@climbing.nl> writes:

> You can tell pbuilder to include extra packages in the environment by
> setting the EXTRAPACKAGES variable.

That doesn't scale. I can't expect everyone who might be building this
package (e.g. a sponsor, or the buildd hosts) to install packages
without specification from the package configuration itself.

I know I can hack around this; that's not what I'm seeking. I'm
wondering why such hacking would be necessary, and suspecting that
either my assumptions, or the assumptions of the build tools, or
perhaps both, need readjusting.

--
 \        “Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent |
  `\            with one's own opinion.” —Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's |