Re: RFS: bindfs (bugfix upload, pre-approved by release team)

On Sunday 31 August 2008 09:49:05 Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> George Danchev wrote:
> > On Sunday 31 August 2008 08:30:03 Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> >> Hi -mentors!
> >>
> >> I am looking for a uploader for the new version 1.8-1
> >> of my package "bindfs".
> >>
> >> My usual sponsor for this package, Kapil Hari Paranjape, seems to be
> >> busy now. I want for pre-approved by release team upload of new version
> >> 1.8-1 of package to reach testing ASAP, so I am seeking for uploader.
> >>
> >> It builds these binary packages:
> >> bindfs     - mirrors or overlays a local directory with altered
> >> permissions
> >
> > Okay, I found the release team reaction along with the diff. Could you
> > please remove quilt from build-depends since it is unneeded, and I will
> > sponsor.
>
> This change is safe for me, but for release team? This change will also
> lead to change debian/rules not to use 'patch' and 'unpatch' targets.

Yes, it is safe; quilt has no business here as a build-dependency wasting
autobuilders and other builders time to install and deinstall. Worst, that
might leave a worrisome impression to the reader of any patches not being
applied by accident. For the protocol, please, complete that and show them
the diff, and CC: to me. Thanks.