Re: RFS: xinha

George Danchev wrote:

> On Saturday 30 August 2008 04:30:21 Raphael Geissert wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>> > * Package name    : xinha
>> >   Version         : 0.95~rc2-1
>>
>> Version 0.95 has now been released, could you please update the package?
>>
>> DD's: can anyone take a look at the package when updated? there are
>> several packages shipping their own copy of xinha or htmlarea and would
>> be nice to have just one copy in the whole archive.
>
> Do you happen to know which are these packages and if bugs (normal) was
> filed against them. Sometimes, it is not possible to avoid code dups,
> since there might be significant incompatible deviations from the
> original, but sometimes it worth the effort. These should also be
> identified at: http://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies

Sure, finding them is as easy as grep'ing Contents-<arch>:
axyl
horde3

And for htmlarea:
moodle
serendipity
typo3-src-4.2? (rtehtmlarea)

And no, no bugs have been filed yet (well, at least *I* haven't filed any);
what I've been doing is collect the list of packages shipping their own
copy, and file a RFP CC'ing their respective @packages.d.o address. My plan
was to make lintian aware of those libs too as soon as the packaged js libs
were uploaded.

Oh, and you might also be interested in:
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/embedded-javascript-library.html

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.