Re: RFS: replaceit (#490695)

On Sunday 24 August 2008 21:09:06 Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 08:49:21PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> > Okay, uploaded, thanks for your patience. This will go through Debian NEW
> > queue [1] which will take some time.
>
> Cool, thanks :)

Welcome.

> I've never reached this stage, obviously - what happens to the package
> now that it's in the new queue?

It will be reviewed by the ftpmasters, and eventually accepted or rejected.
This happens automatically for any uploads which introduce any new binary or
source packages.

> I notice also that it doesn't have my
> ITP bug number listed under 'Closes', is that something I haven't done
> correctly?

Ops, good catch, and this is my fault. I actually didn't forget to pass the -v
option to dpkg-buildpackage giving it the first package version found in the
changelog (1.0.0-1) in order to include all the entries in the changes file,
but in fact it appeared to just start from that version on, not including it.
So, we should close that ITP manually after the package gets approved and
enters unstable (sid) via BTS (Bug Tracking System) email interface. So, if
you prefer to gain some BTS experience then please do close it for me,
otherwise I'll do it for you ;-)