Re: RFS: liboauth-php

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for the continuing reviews. :)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:01:35 -0500
Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just one extra note on the copyright file:
>
> > The Debian packaging is (C) 2008, Daniel Watkins
> <daniel@daniel-watkins.co.uk>
> > and is licensed under the GPL, see `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'
>
> If upstream is releasing its work under the MIT licence you should
> consider also licencing your Debian packaging under the terms of the
> MIT licence too, as it may cause you troubles when adding patches
> because of licence conflicts.
Done.

> Oh, and just noticed on the changelog:
> > * Added LICENSE.txt file with MIT license, copyright owner is
> > perhaps dubious however.
>
> Could you please clarify (or request upstream to clarify)?.
I have just sent an email to upstream asking for clarification.
However, looking at the SVN history, only Andy has committed anything
upstream, so I suspect that this is OK...

> >> debian/control:
> >> Depends: php4 | php5, ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
> >>
> >> php4 is obsolete and won't be shipped neither in lenny nor lenny+1,
> >> so the ORed dependency is useless (and in any case php5 should be
> >> the first to appear).
> > Fixed.
>
> Forgot to mention something, if there is any chance (i.e. a corner
> case) where somebody may want to use this lib on a script being run
> with php5-cli then make it an ORed dependency, e.g. php5 | php5-cli
Done.

> debian/docs: 'example'
>
> You should better use dh_installexamples (read its doc for more
> information on how to make dh do all the job), as it will install it
> in examples/.
Done.

> Ok, besides that...:
>
> After reading the description several times I still don't get why all
> the text inside the parenthesis is needed (with the sole exception
> being the last one). What about rephrasing or rechecking the
> description?
This was just a copypasta which I should have edited more vigourously.
I have removed all of the parenthetical parts.

> > -rw-r--r-- root/root      3826 2008-08-18
> > 14:48 ./usr/share/php/oauth/OAuth_TestServer.php
>
> I fail to see how that file can be useful under /usr/share/php, what
> about placing it under examples/?
Done.  I have also moved OAuth.php to be installed in /usr/share/php
rather than /usr/share/php/oauth.

The updated package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/liboauth-php/liboauth-php_0~svn622-1.dsc

Thanks again for the review,

Dan

--