Re: RFS: replaceit (#490695)

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 10:28:47PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> 	I can't figure out why you want to NMU your own package, perhaps there might
> be some reason I can't think of right now or it is just an unintentional
> blunder.

Could you clarify NMU?

> Also, you can use the most recent 3.8.0 standards version, and as I
> can see there are no changes needed to the package, but anyway you can check
> that with: /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz.

I will update to 3.8.0, I hadn't changed that from dh_make.

> Sponsoring would be best performed by your Application Manager, but sure in
> case s/he is MIA, I will try to review and upload that package for you. At
> least it doesn't seem to be beyond my grasp, and I can't promise I would
> upload large and complex stuff which I don't personally use and
> understand ;-). However, posting to -mentors mailing list is always a better
> idea, since you get more peer review.

As this is my first package I don't yet have a sponsor, and I
understood from the New Maintainers pages that I should already be
involved before applying. If this is incorrect should I apply for
maintainers status and get into the system first before sending an RFS?

Thanks

--
Jonathan Wiltshire