Re: RFS: libdaemon (updated package) -- new upstream release 0.13-1

Hi Paul,

On 08/08/22 08:18:02 +1000, Paul Wise said ...
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag
> <giridhar@appaji.net> wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.13-1 of libdaemon.  This
> > update is for a new upstream release and builds the following binary
>
> Doesn't look like this would be accepted into lenny by the release
> managers (we are in freeze at the moment). I would suggest using
> experimental until lenny is released.

I don't intend to request a release expection for libdaemon to allow it to
transition to Lenny.  I'll let it be in unstable.  As for the packages that
need to depend on libdaemon, they would anyway have to go through
testing-proposed-updates now (avahi in Lenny is frozen and the one in unstable
is is way ahead of that in Lenny and blocked since 37 days as of today).

I suppose there is no point in uploading it to experimental under such
cirumstances.  Besides, this is not a transition that needs to be tested and
co-ordinated with other maintainers.

Hence the RFS still holds :)

Cheers,

Giridhar