Re: Lintian warning messages

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 01:56:59 Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> > Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> >> If the policy suggestion that leads to that lintian warning is so
> >> unreasonable, it might as well be taken off the policy.
> >
> > I'm not aware of any such thing in policy
>
> Then maybe the lintian warning could be removed.

Hello Eduardo,
	While every executable must have a magic number (in that case the shebang),
there is nothing wrong for non-executables to strt with a shebang or whatever
helps their authors and users to sleep better. And as long as lintian has no
chance to know in advance if human meant a particular file to be executable
it warns for suspicious false or true positives, thus leaving the final
decision to the human body.