Re: RFS: pyblosxom (updated package)

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the feedback!

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:08:10 +0200
Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:
> I don't quite understand why there  is a patch for Windows while this
> is not a platform supported by Debian.
I didn't really understand this either, but as it was already there I
left it.  As you're not the first person to comment on it, I have now
removed it.

> Can you add a debian/watch, please?
Done.

> Why don't you close #373658?
Just an oversight on my part, fixed.

> You can move python to Build-Depends-Indep. It is not needed for
> clean.
Done.

> Just  a  suggestion:   maybe  you  can  ship  (as   example)  an
> Apache configuration  snippet to  explain how  pyblosxom is  usually
> integrated into Apache.  Usually, Debian package are  almost ready
> to  use. I think that      you     should
> replace      /path/to/blog/entries
> with /var/lib/pyblosxom/entries or something like  that. And add a
> note about this in README.Debian.  A new user will just have  to
> symlink the Apache snippet in /etc/apache2/conf.d, restart  Apache
> and put his blog entries in   /var/lib/pyblosxom/entries   to   get
> its   blog   available   on http://localhost/pyblosxom/ (for example).
>
> Well, this  is just a suggestion, you  can wait for a  future release
> or just ignore it.
For this, I think I would prefer to wait until a future release, as I
think there a number of setups that could be recommended and I'd like
time to consider them before choosing any one of them.  I'd quite like
for that not to be a blocker on getting people who already have a
working setup a more recent version of this package. :)

The updated package can be found in the same place, on
mentors.debian.net:
main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pyblosxom/pyblosxom_1.4.3-1.dsc