Re: New Packager question again: can you point me to a not flawed package?

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 03:19:02PM -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:

> I'm randomly downloading packages.  If you can point me to one that
> has source code patches correctly applied, I'd really appreciate it. I
> want to get it right  :-)

zlib uses patches.  Looking for packages with build dependencies on
patch systems such as dpatch or quilt will turn up plenty of other
examples.

The use of a patch system is a recommended practice but is in no way
mandatory - many packages don't use one, often due to the triviality of
the patches they apply or due to predating the introduction of patch
systems.