Question about Debian-native package

Hello all

I'm the (new) maintainer of wmaker-data which is a package containing files from several upstream sources. Some files have been downloaded from one place, some from other place, etc.

Which is the recommended practice here?

I see the following options:

A) - The package was put together specifically for Debian, so it must be native

B) - The files are not for Debian, so it must not be native and needs a orig.tar.gz

I feel that correct answer is B but here is where the real problem arises for me. How to set up a orig.tar.gz file from several places?

Thanks in advance

Noel Torres
er Envite