Re: Newbie Help - Ruby on Rails packaging questions.

After spending a bit of time with "licensecheck" and a some command line friends I now have a debian/copyright file that conforms to the proposed CopyrightFormat. The problem is that weighing in @ 388 lines, it is huge! It turns out that while most of the files in redmine are GPL they have a bunch of different Copyright notices, usually just differing by year.

Should I just combine the similar (same person) copyrights into a single one covering all the years or am I supposed to list each one separately? Also, there are quite a few files that have no copyright or license info at all. Things like db/migrate scripts, sample code, and examples. Since they are not explicably licensed/copyrighted does that mean that they fall under the project license/copyright?

Thanx!
  Richard