Re: RFS: freemat

Joseph Nahmias ha scritto:

> Can you explain how this package is better / different than octave?

In my opinion octave approach of having one command line program and many different GUIs,
isn't the best solution. FreeMat has its own gui, and especially for plotting, to have a
plotting engine to designed for being Matlab compatible is IMHO a better solution.

Anyway, I agree with this official FreeMat FAQ:

Q. Why another MATLAB clone? Have you heard of Octave, Scilab, etc.?

Yes! FreeMat is chartered to go beyond MATLAB to include features such as a codeless
interface to external C/C++/FORTRAN code, parallel/distributed algorithm development (via
MPI), and advanced volume and 3D visualization capabilities. As for the open source
alternatives, try them out and decide for yourself. Who said choice was a bad thing?

Giuseppe.