Re: RFS: syx

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:53:28 +0200
"Jeffrey Ratcliffe" <jeffrey.ratcliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/26 Luca Bruno <lethalman88@gmail.com>:
> >> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol syx_interp_enter_context used by
> >> debian/syx-gtk/usr/lib/syx/gtk/libsyx-gtk.so.0.0.0 found in none of
> >> the libraries.
>
> This presumably means that you have forgotten to link one of the
> libraries. See the man page for dpkg-shlibdeps.

They're linked against libsyx, those are plugins built inside the same source.

> >> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning:
> >> debian/syx-gtk/usr/lib/syx/gtk/libsyx-gtk.so.0.0.0 shouldn't be linked
> >> with libgthread-2.0.so.0 (it uses none of its symbols).
>
> I've fixed this in the past with LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,defs,--as-needed",
> but then here the package FTBFS. It seems the -Bsymbolic-functions
> flag is currently necessary. Perhaps someone here with more expertise
> than I have can advise how to fix this warning.

Will check, thanks.

> >> Now running lintian...
> >> W: syx source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.7.3 (current is 3.8.0)
>
> You have set Standards-Version: 3.7.3
>
> The above can be fixed by going through
>
> /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz
>
> to check if any of the policy changes are applicable, and then setting
> Standards-Version: 3.8.0

Oh didn't notice that, have you created a new standard early?

> >> W: syx-x11: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
> >> W: syx-x11: postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
> >> W: syx-readline: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
> >> W: syx-readline: postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
> >> W: syx-gtk: postinst-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
> >> W: syx-gtk: postrm-has-useless-call-to-ldconfig
>
> I don't know how to fix this. Anybody else?

I've tried to create a postinst and postrm for all but I get other warnings or errors too.
I will retry again.

> >> W: libsyx0: package-contains-empty-directory usr/lib/syx/
>
> This can be fixed by removing the
>
> usr/lib
> usr/lib/syx
>
> lines from libsyx0.dirs
>
> The overrides file can be deleted.

I would like to hold the empty dir because it's the plugins' dir.
Is this an error?

Thanks very much for your help.

- --
http://syx.googlecode.com - Smalltalk YX