Re: [OT] : gpg fingerprint in mail's signature ? - Was: Re: RFS: gtkwhiteboard (now dfsg compatible)

On måndagen den 23 juni 2008, George Danchev wrote:
> On Monday 23 June 2008, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> (22/06/2008):
> > > In order to shorten my appendix with one line I decided on key ID only
> > > instead, which is enough for public key diggers.
> >
> > Even shorter: Sign your mails.
>
> Bleh 3 words 3 failures ;-) is it really so hard to realize that these
> hints are for people who don't have my public key at hand and want to dig
> it up somehow.

If you sign your mail, the recipients' mail software can automatically fetch
the key, like mine does.

> I also disagree that signed mails are shorter, and you would
> probably that I don't have my secret key at hand any time I post to mailing
> lists.

The body that we see is shorter. Either way it's not a big deal.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@debian.org
Debian Developer