Re: Which 64 bit cpu assembler to use ?

Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
Star Liu wrote:
Greetings!
I'm a newbie in assembly language programming, for I worked as a C# programmer on microsoft platform in the past years, but now I want to know clearly how operating system and softwares are executed, so I begin to learn assembly language programming, I have learned some 32 bit asm coding, and want to move to 64 bit coding. Is there any good toturial to follow? and which assembler should I use?

I suggest avoiding coding in assembler. In 2008, this has no sense. If you really need some strange machine instruction, use the asm statement inside a GCC-compiled code.

After all, long ago we learned that 640K was enough memory for all our needs ;-)

Richard