Re: RFS: uncrustify (updated existing package)

OoO En cette  soirée bien amorcée du dimanche 15  juin 2008, vers 22:12,
Johann Rudloff <cypheon@gmx.net> disait :

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.47-1
> of my package "uncrustify".

> It builds these binary packages:
> uncrustify - C, C++, C#, D, Java and Pawn source code beautifier
>  Uncrustify is a highly configurable source code formatter.
>  It aligns preprocessor define's, assigments, arithmetics and is
>  able to fix spacing between operators.

> The upload would fix these bugs: 479372

Hi Johann!

I  have uploaded  your package.  For the  next version,  you  can remove
CFLAGS settings in debian/rules: this is now done by dpkg-buildpackage.

> There is a small issue remaining and I'm not sure how to deal with it:
> Upstream delivers two manpages, one in documentation/ and one in
> man/. The latter one is installed by "make install" automatically, but
> is a bit out of date (says version "0.46" instead of "0.47").
> One possible solution would be to rm the old manpage in debian/rules
> and install the correct one using dh_installman, but seems hackish to
> me whereas patching the Makefile.am that installs the manpage seems to
> be overkill for this small change.
> Since there is just a small (if not irrelevant) difference between the
> two files, I think it's ok to have the outdated manpage installed. Or
> is there a good and/or simple solution for this?

I also think that since there is no difference apart the version number,
you can keep debian/rules clean and ship the old one. Just tell upstream
about this. You should also tell him about this lintian warning:
 I: uncrustify: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/uncrustify.1
--
I WON'T NOT USE NO DOUBLE NEGATIVES
I WON'T NOT USE NO DOUBLE NEGATIVES
I WON'T NOT USE NO DOUBLE NEGATIVES
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode BABF02