Re: RFS: gtkwhiteboard (now dfsg compatible)

On Sunday 15 June 2008, Thomas Knott wrote:
> Dear mentors,

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gtkwhiteboard". It was uploaded
> before by  José "L. Redrejo" Rodríguez <jredrejo@edu.juntaextremadura.net>
> but got rejected because the upstream source contains a win32-dll without
> source. I stripped the dll now, added a README.debian-source and a
> (probably bad) get-orig-source.sh to create the dfsg-tarball from the
> upstream zip-file.

Providing a watch file would be nice, as well as a machine-interpretable
debian/copyright: see http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat

Just a minor note about your rules:get-orig-source you might find useful. No
need to call chmod on get-orig-source.sh to make it executable and then worry
to chmod it back to a non-executable in your clean target (which you actually
forgot to;-). Just a call like "sh get-orig-source.sh" would do the job.
Also, you might want to delete the zip file within debian/ and put the dfsg
tarball outside debian/, e.g.:
rm -f WiimoteLib.dll gtkwhiteboard-1.3.zip
tar -czf ../gtkwhiteboard_1.3+dfsg.orig.tar.gz * --exclude=\.dll

You might also want to teach upstream not to distribute ugly object files with
their tarball, or at least to distribute them separately.

I hope you will find a sponsor.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB