[OFF TOPIC] pgp signing (was: RFS: ucblogo ... )

Hi Joe,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 01:25:15AM -0400, Joe Smith wrote [edited]:

> A preferable system is the "multipart/signed" mimetype's
> "application/pgp-signature" protocol, that most people here who use
> OpenPGP signatures seem to use. A few User Agents (most notably some of
> Microsoft's) get that wrong, but most get it right.
>
> OF course the old fallback of text/plain with PGP plaintext signatures
> always work, although does make the message more visibly cluttered, and
> harder to automatically validate.

I've been using the following macro in mutt, and changed it to text/*; Any
suggestions for how to switch to multipart/signed are welcome.

macro compose S "Fgpg --sign --armor --textmode --clearsign\ny^T^Uapplication/pgp; format=text; x-action=sign\n" 'clearsign the message'

Cheers,
Serafeim