Re: RFS: ucblogo (updated package that fixes RC bug #484448)

"Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> wrote in message
On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 06:48:48PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
Where can we find your package?

My mistake, gmail interpreted your signed message as an attachment.

Other User Agents did the same thing. I think it was the Application/pgp mimetype. Since plaintext PGP signatures are still textual messages, a text/* mimetype really should have been used.
The application/pgp mimetype is old and depreciated.

A preferable system is the "multipart/signed" mimetype's "application/pgp-signature" protocol, that most people here who use OpenPGP signatures seem to use. A few User Agents (most notably some of Microsoft's) get that wrong, but most get it right.

OF course the old fallback of text/plain with PGP plaintext signatures always work, although does make the message more visibly cluttered, and harder to automatically validate.