Re: RFS: plait - Command-Line Jukebox

Hi Bernhard, all,

Bernhard, thankyou for your feedback.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org> wrote:
> You do not need to add dependencies for essential packages. bash,
> findutils and grep are all essential, so you do not need to list them,
> unless you need specific versions. If it runs in sarge that means you
> do not need specific versions.

Righto.  Will fix.

> Please also do not recommend packages from non-free (or otherwise
> outside Debian).

My apologies.  Will fix.

> You call ./plain --install from your configure script which includes
> commands like:
>
> | rm -f "$HOME/.plait/commands/itunes-cmd-play.js"
> | rm -f "$HOME/.plait/commands/cmd-play.vbs"
> | rm -fr /etc/plait

Yes, the plait script is its own installer/uninstaller.  What should I
do here?  Some possibilities:

1. Write a separate installer (which might even simply be a series of
commands in debian/rules).
2. Do nothing and always be alert to possible trojans and direct
potential sponsors to be also.

> Have you tested different shells (as this is /bin/sh) and different awks
> (as it calls awk directly)? Things of that size have often
> incompatiblities with one or the other implementation...

I've tested it with bash & dash and mawk & gawk.  Sorry, I should have
said so in my RFS email.  Any others? bash-minimal? bash-static?

Thanks again, Dave.
--
David Symons
Armidale NSW Australia