Re: RFS: poco and poco-doc (updated packages) [3rd try]

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> writes:

> shared library goes in /usr/lib and as expected lintian complains with:
> libpocoxml5-dbg: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libPocoXMLd5
> because of the missing 'd' before '5', at least, hence that leads us to a
> package name as `libpocoxmld5-dbg', is that correct ?

Oh, I get it, you're shipping *both* detached debugging symbols *and* a
debug version of a library in /usr/lib in the same package.

No, Lintian will want such a package be named libpocoxmld5 because it has
no way of knowing that shared library is a debugging version of some other
library.  You will indeed need an override for this case.

> the goal was/is to generated -dbg packages that are using separate
> (detached) debugging info and stored in /usr/lib/debug/,

This is not all that you're doing, which is what was confusing me.  You're
also shipping a different shared library in the same package, which
happens to be a debugging build of another shared library.

If the package contained only detached debugging information, Lintian
wouldn't be confused.