Re: RFS: poco and poco-doc (updated packages) [3rd try]

Hello George,

2008/6/7 George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>:
>        As a user of that package, I'm still reluctant to ship it in a shape where
> lintian is not happy enough. I've read your reasoning about debug package
> names you have choosen, but I still don't see a good reason not to have
> package names end in -dbg, which would keep the package namespace sane enough
> [1] and brings predictable names for searching on the debian package
> database; these packages of course would still ship the files as they are
> considered now:  i.e. /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/libPocoXMLd.so.5, which would
> help the linkage of projects used it that way.

This looks reasonable, but trigger another lintian warrning:

N: Processing binary package libpocoxml5-dbg (version 1.3.2+dfsg1-1) ...
W: libpocoxml5-dbg: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libPocoXMLd5

> Also, don't forget to gzip -9
> changelogs as per policy 12.7. After these are resolved I'd sponsor.

I'm not sure what problem you have pointed out. Upstream changelog in
installed with dh_installchangelog, its name is changed and its
gziped.

I have renamed packages. Updated version is available from mentors.d.n as usual.

Regards,
--
Krzysztof Burghardt <krzysztof@burghardt.pl>
http://www.burghardt.pl/