Re: RFS: dish

Hi,

thanks for your helpful comments.

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:
OoO En  cette nuit nuageuse du  mardi 03 juin 2008,  vers 01:13, Stephen
Gran <sgran@debian.org> disait:

Uploaded. For  a future release, you  should add a  lintian override for
this lintian warning:
W: dish: spelling-error-in-description mysql MySQL

Vincent, thank you for sponsoring the package!

Or, instead of hiding the warning, just fix the spelling?  If it's a bug
in lintian, report that instead.  Overrides shouldn't be used lightly
and encouraging one for a capitalization issue seems like poor
judgement, IMHO.

The description  talks about "mysql" commandline program.  I don't think
lintian is able to do the difference.

Indeed, it can't, although it will suppress such warnings if you put it in
quotes.  That may or may not be appropriate, though.  (I haven't looked at
the description to see the situation.  Usually referring to command-line
programs rather than software in the description is rare, but there are
cases where you want to do it.)

In the description paragraph in debian/control, I put all program names in quotes and the lintian warning disappeared. A new package has been uploaded:

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dish/dish_1.16.2-2.dsc

Regards,
Dimitar