Re: New Packager question again: can you point me to a not flawed package?

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> writes:

> Using a modern SCM is wonderful, but please, get back to the ground,
> and think of the possible use cases with what Debian has officially
> released, and if that is what warns a certain level of unification.
> There are users (let's say within restricted areas) who can't access
> random DD repos at will, but rely solely on diff.gz supplied by
> released source CD/DVD media.

It sounds like you are strongly motivated to contribute to a tool that
will allow developers that track changes in their VCS to automatically
generate the 'debian/patches/' directory that you are so interested in
seeing.

Stronger motivated than, say, the motivation felt by the VCS-using
developer themselves, who already has a workflow that functions fine.

--
 \        “The restriction of knowledge to an elite group destroys the |
  `\                   spirit of society and leads to its intellectual |