Re: New Packager question again: can you point me to a not flawed package?

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> writes:

> So, will you generate at some point a series logically separeted quilt
> patches and store them in debian/patches/ in the final diff.gz which is
> the canonical way of Debian to distibute changes.

I'm currently not doing this for a very prosaic reason: I don't have a
simple tool that does it for me, and I'm too busy with other things to
write one.  The choice was to stay with quilt or to give this up in
exchange for experimenting with Git, and I decided to take the latter
approach since I really needed to learn Git.

I'm hopeful that the 3.0 package format will address this, or that
otherwise one of the people who are talking about doing this with their
packages will write up a good set of tools to let me do this easily, so
that I don't have to do the work of writing such a tool.