Re: RFS: fslint (updated package)

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 21:20 -0700, Cameron Dale wrote:
> Hi Pádraig,
> Some more comments:
>
> Unless you released 2.25-1 somewhere else, merge the unreleased 2.25-1
> and 2.26-1 changelog entries into one 2.26-1, otherwise the bugs
> probably won't get closed automatically.

Wrong - all the sponsor has to do is use '-v2.25-0 -sa'. dpkg-genchanges
collates all Closes: entries in whichever versions the maintainer
chooses to include by using the -v option. All bugs listed in
the .changes file will be closed by that upload. '-sa' might not be
essential in this specific case but as the other changes will need a new
upload to mentors, the actual version will be 2.26-2 and then '-sa' will
be needed.

http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#increment

(And don't blame me if Adblock Plus breaks the page - use a sane ad
blocker, like the one in epiphany-browser.)

> Not required, but the use of the many install commands in the rules
> file should, in my opinion, be made more understandable by using
> debhelper's dh_install command and a separate fslint.install file.

dh_install is preferred because if anyone needs to customise the build
using DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, dh_install will use those options, install will
not. This means that a customised build has to patch debian/rules
instead of just setting an environment variable.

--
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>