Re: RFS: fslint (updated package)

Hi Pádraig,

I might be able to sponsor this, but I have some concerns below.

On 5/20/08, Pádraig Brady <P@draigbrady.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
>  I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.26-1
>  of my package "fslint".
>
>  It builds these binary packages:
>  fslint     - A utility to fix problems with filesystems' data, like duplicate
>
>  The package appears to be lintian clean.

Upgrade your lintian and fix these problems:

N: Processing source package fslint (version 2.26-1) ...
W: fslint source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.7.2 (current is 3.7.3)
N:
N:   The source package refers to a 'Standards-Version' that is starting to
N:   get out of date, compared to current Policy. You can safely ignore
N:   this warning, but please consider updating the package to current
N:   Policy.
N:
N: ----
N: Processing binary package fslint (version 2.26-1) ...
I: fslint: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key
/usr/share/applications/fslint.desktop:8 Encoding
N:
N:   The Encoding key is now deprecated by the FreeDesktop standard and all
N:   strings are required to be encoded in UTF-8. This desktop entry
N:   explicitly specifies an Encoding of UTF-8, which is harmless but no
N:   longer necessary.
N:
N:   Refer to
N:   http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/1.0/apc.html for
N:   details.
N:
W: fslint: description-contains-homepage
N:
N:   The extended description contains a "Homepage:" pseudo-header
N:   following the old Developer's Reference recommendation. As of 1.14.6,
N:   dpkg now supports Homepage: as a regular field in debian/control. This
N:   header should be moved from the extended description to the fields for
N:   the relevant source or binary packages.

>  The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>  - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main con>
>  - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fslint/fslint_2.26-1.dsc

Some more comments:

Unless you released 2.25-1 somewhere else, merge the unreleased 2.25-1
and 2.26-1 changelog entries into one 2.26-1, otherwise the bugs
probably won't get closed automatically.

The changelog entry for 2.22-2 disappeared, add it back in.

Not required, but the use of the many install commands in the rules
file should, in my opinion, be made more understandable by using
debhelper's dh_install command and a separate fslint.install file.

Also not required, but the use of perl to set the location of the
installed files in the fslint-gui program should be replaced by a
patch, using quilt (preferably) or dpatch, so that it is more clear
exactly what is being changed from upstream.

Other than these minor problems, it looked good.
Cameron