Re: RFS: nlkt

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 12:44 +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> OoO Pendant  le temps de  midi du samedi  17 mai 2008, vers  12:06, Neil
> Williams <codehelp@debian.org> disait:
>
> >> Your debian version should be 0.3.1.1-1 (not -3) since this is the first
> >> one for 0.3.1.1 upstream version.
>
> > Vincent - just a note, other sponsors have different preferences and it
> > might be good to not confuse maintainers by prefixing your request with
> > "IMHO" or "I want".
>
> > http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#increment
>
> Hi Neil!
>
> There must be a problem with this  page. It does not have any content.

It's fine - check your browser settings and refresh the page (or just go
to the page itself: http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/ )

Maybe your browser is getting confused by the inferred index.html

http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/index.html#increment

It works fine in all the browsers I tested, including lynx. There isn't
anything wrong with the page itself.

> have read the source though. I  agree with your reasons. However, I have
> always read  here that  changelog must be  cleaned and I  don't remember
> having read the reverse.

Where? changelog should not be cleaned. Duplicate entries closing the
same bug more than once should be cleaned but that is about it.

> Will the ITP be automatically closed  when marked as close in -1 and the
> last changelog entry is -3?

Of course - as long as you use -v to include all the changes since the
last upload to Debian (-0 if no upload made).

Just run dpkg-genchanges -v0.3.1.0 -sa and take a look at the .changes
file generated. You simply pass those same variables to
dpkg-buildpackage or whichever tool you are using to call
dpkg-buildpackage.

As long as the .changes file includes the relevant version, the .changes
file will include the 'Closes: number' line and this alone determines
which bugs are closed by the upload.

--

Neil Williams