Re: RFS: nlkt

OoO En  cette nuit nuageuse  du jeudi 15  mai 2008, vers  00:03, "Eugene
V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> disait:

>> You  should keep  the changelog  with only  one entry  (Initial release)
>> since this is a new package for  Debian. You should also file an ITP and
>> close it.
> Done.

Your debian version should be 0.3.1.1-1 (not -3) since this is the first
one for 0.3.1.1 upstream version.

>> In debian/control, add  an Homepage field. Your long  description is one
>> paragraph or several ones? In the  first case, the formatting is odd. In
>> the second case, you should use blank lines.
> Homepage field added. Some Blank lines added.

The Homepage  field should be put  in the source stanza,  not the binary
one.

Another set of remarks:
 - add a  debian/watch  file, this  is  very useful  (even  if you  are
   upstream,  this is useful  for other  people to  check that  they are
   using the latest upstream version)
 - remove tags from debian/control, they are set with this website:
    http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/
   You will  have to  set them  after the package  has been  accepted in
   Debian

Why do you ship those files with Debian package and not as upstream?
 share/default_profiles/de-debian-hints |    1
 share/default_profiles/debian-hints    |    1
 share/layouts/de-debian-hints          |   10 +++++
 share/layouts/debian-hints             |   10 +++++

I  don't really  understand  what Debian  specific  they are.  If it  is
important, you could drop a note in README.Debian about them.
--
BOFH excuse #57:
Groundskeepers stole the root password