Re: RFC: lame (the MP3 encoder)

Hi,

Rogério Brito wrote:
Please, note that it is a "native Debian package" and it is likely to
remain the case, as I have already discussed this with other members of
the project, but the release management thinks that separating the
debian directory would cause too much headaches.

Just to observe, for my convenience, I have a debian directory in my SVN repository, but I have a Makefile in the top with this rule...

tar:
	# Usage
	@echo "Usage: rel=<version>; rel is set to ${rel}"
	@test ! -z ${rel}
	# Empty that target dir first
	rm -rf ../tarballs/opus-${rel}
	# takes rel= as argument
	mkdir -p ../tarballs/opus-${rel}
	# And any existing tarballs
	rm -rf ../tarballs/opus_${rel}.orig.tar.gz
	# Copy new content in
	cp -rf * ../tarballs/opus-$(rel)
	# Remove svn files, debian dir and this Makefile, since it
	# is very debian specific right now
	rm -rf `find ../tarballs/opus-$(rel) -type d -name ".svn"`
	rm -rf `find ../tarballs/opus-$(rel) -name "*~"`

	rm -rf ../tarballs/opus-$(rel)/debian

	# actually perform the gzip
	cd ../tarballs && tar cfz opus_$(rel).orig.tar.gz opus-$(rel)
	rm -rf ../tarballs/opus-$(rel)
	@echo "Targz build in ../tarballs"

I've seperated out the line of interest, in other words, I use to create my tarballs which I sign and distribute directly, and which I work against (in this case with svn-buildpackage) to produce my packages (with non native versions).

In my case it's just

make tar rel=4.1.0

before I run

svn-buildpackage -rfakeroot