Re: Developer names within debian/changelog

On Monday 12 May 2008 06:17, Ben Finney wrote:
> In recent years I've seen entries in 'debian/changelog' that are
> broken up into "sections" by developer name. I'm referring to entries
> like this:

> The Policy section above is silent on this extension to the format,
> though I've seen Joey Hess discussing it in the past. I also know that
> 'debchange' can produce it, and 'dpkg' can consume it.

Indeed debchange generates the format. I'm not sure what you mean that dpkg
can consume it. I know of no special meaning that dpkg assigns to those
names, as far as I know it just treats them like any other changelog line. If
there's any specification to it, I think it's best found in debchange's
source code.

Thijs