Re: rfs: gtkvncviewer

Hi

On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:38:29 +0200
"Clement Lorteau" <northern_lights@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the comments. I made all the changes you mentioned. Would
> you (or someone else) mind checking the new package ?
>
> I also have a question: should I file an ITP, as your Lintian mentions
> (my Lintian is provided by Ubuntu)?

Definitely.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gtkvncviewer/gtkvncviewer_0.2.3-1.dsc

Few more thoughts:

debian/rules
- please install docs by dh_installdocs (and use
debian/gtkvncviewer.docs for this), no need to install LICENSE
(debian/copyright is there for this purposse)
- please install CHANGELOG by dh_installchangelog
- I'd prefer to have single dh_install call and having all files listed
in debian/gtkvncviewer.install)

> >      I: gtkvncviewer:
> >      desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/data/gtkvncviewer.desktop:2 Encoding
> >      W: gtkvncviewer: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
> >      W: gtkvncviewer: spelling-error-in-description GTK GTK+
> >      W: gtkvncviewer: spelling-error-in-description GTK GTK+
> That's part of the name of the program

Then please add overrides for this (or consider full name of program to
contain GTK+ as this is correct name).

Anyway can you please install lintian from unstable and use it? It would
save us lot of time:

I: gtkvncviewer source: build-depends-without-arch-dep python-central
W: gtkvncviewer: manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry usr/share/man/man1/gtkvncviewer.1.gz
W: gtkvncviewer: extra-license-file usr/share/doc/gtkvncviewer/LICENSE.gz
I: gtkvncviewer: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/data/gtkvncviewer.desktop:2 Encoding
W: gtkvncviewer: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
W: gtkvncviewer: extended-description-line-too-long
W: gtkvncviewer: extended-description-line-too-long
W: gtkvncviewer: spelling-error-in-description GTK GTK+
W: gtkvncviewer: spelling-error-in-description GTK GTK+
W: gtkvncviewer: changelog-file-not-compressed CHANGELOG
W: gtkvncviewer: wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog usr/share/doc/gtkvncviewer/CHANGELOG
W: gtkvncviewer: new-package-should-close-itp-bug