re: re: rfs: gtkvncviewer

Thanks for the comments. I made all the changes you mentioned. Would
you (or someone else) mind checking the new package ?

I also have a question: should I file an ITP, as your Lintian mentions
(my Lintian is provided by Ubuntu)?

New RFS details:
* Package name    : gtkvncviewer
  Version         : 0.2.3-1 (upstream version shifted because included
license file in the upstream)
  Upstream Author : Clement Lorteau <northern_lights@users.sourceforge.net>
* URL             : http://launchpad.net/gtkvncviewer
* License         : GPLv2
  Section         : utils

It builds these binary packages:
gtkvncviewer - Small GTK tool to connect to VNC servers.

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gtkvncviewer/gtkvncviewer_0.2.3-1.dsc

>- debian/changelog format looks strange
>- debian/control
>      - Homepage is missing
Added
>      - why do you depend on libgnome-keyring0?
That's a mistake, python-gnome2-desktop depends on it already; corrected
>      - use pycentral or pysupport and ${python:Depends} instead of
>       depending on python2.5
Done (pycentral)
>      - why does description start with empty line?
I thought that was the right format; corrected.
>      - try to describe package more than just one sentence
Done
>- debian/rules
>      - do not use mkdir, install, use dh_install instead
Done
>      - no need for configure target if it is not used
Removed
>      - no need to set CFLAGS, you don't compile anything
Removed
>      - please remove commented out things
Removed
>      - package should be built by binary-indep as it is arch all
Done
>      - you should not pass debian/changelog to dh_installchangelogs
Done
>      - debian/dirs is IMHO not needed at all
>- debian/copyright
>      - upstream tarball does not indicate that the
>       package is GPL, try contacting upstream to include license
>       information in package
I'm the upstream author, I added a "LICENSE" file in the tarball; that
explains the shift in the upstream version number
>      - "This package was py2debianized(0.3-gtkvncviewer)"?
>- please use lintian:
>      $ lintian gtkvncviewer_0.2.2-1_i386.changes
>      W: gtkvncviewer source: binary-arch-rules-but-pkg-is-arch-indep
Fixed by upper comment
>      W: gtkvncviewer: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/gtkvncviewer
Added (simple) manpage
>      I: gtkvncviewer:
>      desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/data/gtkvncviewer.desktop:2 Encoding
>      W: gtkvncviewer: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
>      W: gtkvncviewer: spelling-error-in-description GTK GTK+
>      W: gtkvncviewer: spelling-error-in-description GTK GTK+
That's part of the name of the program
>      W: gtkvncviewer: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
Should I file an ITP ?

>Also gtkvncviewer_0.2.2.orig.tar.gz should match upstream tarball which it does not (md5 is different).
Fixed my packaging script