Re: Files outside debian directory in diff

OoO En  ce début de  soirée du mardi  29 avril 2008, vers  21:21, Andres
Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> disait:

> As you all might know, rerunning autotools during a build of a package will
> leave a substantial amount of files modified outside of the debian directory,
> and thus will increase the size of the diff file.

> This approach doesn't comply with Debian policy in regards to the "clean"
> target. I'm interested in knowing any solutions for this problem for packages
> that rerun autotools during build. A solution I've thought of was to
> backup/restore the generated files during a "build" or "clean" of a package.

> I've attached a script that could be used to backup and restore generated *.in
> files back to the state they were in from the source tarball.

You can just remove the generated files in the clean target. It will not
appear  in  the  diff. You  will  get  some  warnings telling  you  that
suppressed files are ignored.
--
I WILL NOT CARVE GODS
I WILL NOT CARVE GODS