Re: RFS: vexim

Daniel Knabl schrieb:
> hi folks,
>

> the original tarball can be found here:
> * http://www.silverwraith.com/vexim/vexim2.2.1.tar.gz

You should punch the Upstream Author the next time he will make an new
release, he missed to remove the .svn directories.

> any hints and tips are really welcome, also suggestions for further
> improvement and features.

Okay some hints from myself:

  * patches: Why did you called every patch with '01_'? I think you
    should count them in an normal way (01, 02, 03 etc.).
    Also your DP: lines are very very short and uninformative. You
    should describe it an little bit more.
  * Closing bugs: Yes your way will work but I would prefer if you
    would remove the trailing 'Bug' from it, this seems very ugly.
  * control: Is it *realy* right, that vexim-pgsql needs the php5-mysql
    extension? This seems like to fast copy & paste for me ;)
    Also there are some useless depends, for example:
      libapache2-mod-php5 | php5-cgi
    Have a look at the 'php5' package, this will do the job for you.
    Does it realy only work with apache{1,2} and lighthttpd? If not,
    the depends should look like: apache2 | httpd
    Also why do you depend on mysql-server / postgresql? Can't I use an
    external one? You should just depend on the clients and set the
    server ones as recommends or suggests.
  * rules: Hm okay some useless debhelper calls and the problems which
    Bernhard Link already stated. But you should seriously remove
    dh_strip from the arch-independ target, this is quite wrong.
    Also you should include dpatch (see for example cuetools or sbnc),
    then you just need to add an "unpatch" and "patch" call in your
    rules.

Also there are in many files many useless whitespaces at EOL and
newlines at EOF. ;)

So no more time today.. Good luck with it and I hope it will help you.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
Patrick Matthäi

E-Mail: patrick.matthaei@web.de