Re: RFS: vexim

* Daniel Knabl <daniel@knabl.com> [080425 17:25]:
> after a long while I'm again searching for someone willing to sponsor
> and/or upload vexim to Debian.

You might get better success rates if you write in your mails what it
is about (unless it is so ugly you think noone would otherwise download
it to take a look at it).

> you can find the latest files here: http://tirolinux.net/~daniel/vexim/
> * http://tirolinux.net/~daniel/vexim/vexim_2.2.1-5.1.dsc
> * http://tirolinux.net/~daniel/vexim/vexim_2.2.1-5.1.tar.gz
> * http://tirolinux.net/~daniel/vexim/vexim_2.2.1-5.1_i386.changes

The file vexim-2.2.1.orig.tar.gz should have had the name
vexim_2.2.1.orig.tar.gz, then you would have got a .diff.gz instead of
a .tar.gz (and that is not even downloadable permission problems)

> any hints and tips are really welcome, also suggestions for further
> improvement and features.

Looking at the CVS as not otherwise getable:

Your debian/rules looks improveable a lot. Why all this -stamp files if
you do nothing at all (Especially the install-stamp file is totally
useless twice, as it depends on a phony target and is not on a place
where resuming is extremly usefull)? And why only patch if all is build
but not if only the arch-independent stuff is to be build? (also patch
should never be in build* prerequisites, but always as -stamp in the -stamp
prerequisites). Additionally it would be nice to have an build-arch:
target, so you have both of them. (And if by some chance a future buildd
supporting those get this package to build arch-only nows faster that it
has nothing to do). You seem not to use $(buildname) and $(DEBIAN) so why
set them? And $(shell pwd) is unneeded, make has $(CURDIR).

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
"Never contain programs so few bugs, as when no debugging tools are available!"
	Niklaus Wirth