Re: Keep directory in working tree, but exclude from foo.diff.gz

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > They're useful to someone who will be using the VCS to track
> > changes, because they contain bug information that is useful only
> > in the context of that VCS data.
>
> Is this some additional VCS that the default dpkg-source regex
> should be changed to also handle? Excluding any VCS files seems to
> be the goal of the regex and I expect the maintainers would not be
> adverse to adding another one.

It's close. Bugs Everywhere is (like 'ditrack') designed to have the
bug database for a project in a DVCS keep its bug database in the
version-controlled files. It does this by maintaining a bug database
in a hidden directory of the project's working tree.

The directory defaults to '.be' in the working tree's top level. That
directory and anything under it should be omitted from source
packages.

--
 \             "Today, I was -- no, that wasn't me."  -- Steven Wright |
Ben Finney