A question about adopting a package

Hello mentors,

Reading the list of orphaned packages I have noticed that package "nec"
has been orphaned [1]. Because I use NEC2 in antenna related research
I think that I can adopt this package.

At the moment I am not a maintainer of any package in Debian nor a DD,
however I have been packaging software for my own needs for quite some
time. One my package is awaiting a sponsor on mentors.debian.net [2].

As I have never worked with the BTS control bot, I am asking for
directions. Shall this mail sent from my own address to
control@bugs.debian.org suffice for setting an ITA?

package wnpp
retitle 465910 ITA: nec -- NEC2 Antenna Modelling System
owner 465910 !
quit

[2] http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=fuse-convmvfs

--