Re: Packaging without Makefile

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 21:34 +0200, Dominik George wrote:

>         $ dh-make
>         $ cd debian/
>         edit/copy in control, copyright, changelog and edit rules
>         remove unwanted files
>         $ cd ../
>         $ dpkg-buildpackage
>

> Sounds easy - but how do I get it to copy my one single file? What
> Dmitry suggested does not quite work ...

It's down to how you edit the files in debian/ and which kind of package
you choose.

There's no substitute for reading the documentation here. The Developers
Reference and New Maintainer Guide are essential reading before asking
on this list. I'm not going to spoon feed you through those guides.

Also, reconsider whether this even deserves to be a separate package. I
would recommend submitting it as a patch to a bug report against a
complementary package that could include this script.

--

Neil Williams