Re: Keeping packages in unstable and experimental

David Paleino scrisse:

> For the experimental upload, I've added a new changelog entry to
> debian/changelog, tagging it as "experimental", created a new
> branch, ..., and finally uploaded.
> For the next unstable upload, should I keep both changelogs forked?
> Should I merge them? The same question applies to the next
> experimental upload.

I think it depends on how you manage your packages.
I personally use experimental as test staging area; when I found out
what's stable and what not, I'll collapse all the little
experimental-changelogs into a single one for unstable, with a
summary of the appropriate things enabled.

Instead if you use in parallel sid and experimental for two upstream
branches, when the second one become stable and ready for sid, I'd say
you can safely keep all your previous experimental changelogs there too.

See http://wiki.debian.org/ftpmaster_Removals

> Thanks,
> David

Ciao, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org