Re: RFS: lynis (updated package)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Francisco García <fgclaramonte@yahoo.es> wrote:

>  El mar, 15-04-2008 a las 22:32 +0800, Paul Wise escribió:

>  > #474020 should not have been closed with a -done message, instead you
>  > should have closed it in the changelog of the new version. Leave it
>  > as-is for now though.
>
>  Yes, but since It wasn' a lynis bug, I decided to close it with a email.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough; there are two issues in that bug report:

1) please package the latest upstream of lynis (1.0.9 at the time)
2) the warning due to a broken sources.list, which was marked as a
"side note" by the bug reporter

#1 is still valid and #2 was invalid at the time.

The appropriate action would have been to leave the bug open and add
something like this to the changelog:

  * New upstream release (Closes: #474020)

No need to do this now though for just a wishlist bug, something to
keep in mind for the future though.

>  > What is the reason for adding the dnsutils suggests?
>
>  I add dnsutils suggests because in /include/tests_networking script, it
>  runs "dig" command, and this is included in dnsutils package.
>  The dependency is not absolute or strong.
>  So, according to Helmut Grohne suggestion, I decided to add a suggest
>  dependency.

Makes sense to me.

Should I upload your 1.1.1 package now or do you want to switch to
quilt (or dpatch).

--
bye,
pabs