Re: RFS: lynis (updated package)

Hello Paul,

El mié, 16-04-2008 a las 08:33 +0800, Paul Wise escribió:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Francisco García <fgclaramonte@yahoo.es> wrote:
>
> >  El mar, 15-04-2008 a las 22:32 +0800, Paul Wise escribió:
>
> >  > #474020 should not have been closed with a -done message, instead you
> >  > should have closed it in the changelog of the new version. Leave it
> >  > as-is for now though.
> >
> >  Yes, but since It wasn' a lynis bug, I decided to close it with a email.
>
> Perhaps I wasn't clear enough; there are two issues in that bug report:
>
> 1) please package the latest upstream of lynis (1.0.9 at the time)
> 2) the warning due to a broken sources.list, which was marked as a
> "side note" by the bug reporter
>
> #1 is still valid and #2 was invalid at the time.
>
> The appropriate action would have been to leave the bug open and add
> something like this to the changelog:
>
>   * New upstream release (Closes: #474020)
>
> No need to do this now though for just a wishlist bug, something to
> keep in mind for the future though.

Ok, I agree with you. It is the usual way for me. In other packages
I do this as you say.

> >  > What is the reason for adding the dnsutils suggests?
> >
> >  I add dnsutils suggests because in /include/tests_networking script, it
> >  runs "dig" command, and this is included in dnsutils package.
> >  The dependency is not absolute or strong.
> >  So, according to Helmut Grohne suggestion, I decided to add a suggest
> >  dependency.
>
> Makes sense to me.

> Should I upload your 1.1.1 package now or do you want to switch to
> quilt (or dpatch).

Well, If you agree with me, I would like you upload the package, and I
send my changes to upstream. Anyway if It is necesary in next release,
I'll make the changes with dpatch.

Thank you for your help.
Francisco.

--