From: "Russ Allbery" <rra@debian.org>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 9:10 AM
To: <debian-mentors@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: cowbuilder and Distribution field in .changes file

"Salvatore Ansani" <ml@ansani.it> writes:

Whatever distro I select (stable / testing / unstable), .changes file
always contains this field "Distribution: unstable".

The target distribution in the *.changes file is taken from the
debian/changelog file, not from the environment in which the package was
built.  You have to edit the *.changes file after the build if you want to
target a different distribution than the debian/changelog entry indicates.