Re: how to handle lintian warning: shlib-with-executable-stack

Hello.

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 02:22:42PM +0800, LI Daobing wrote:
> when I package glusterfs, I meet a lintian warning:
> shlib-with-executable-stack, more information as follows[1].
>
> how can I deal with this warning?

Is this a trick question? Because the obvious answer seems to be to
1. investigate, if libglusterfs really needs an executable stack and
than
2. either fix the upstream version to not put code on the stack,
3. or write a package specific override for Lintian; see
file:///usr/share/doc/lintian/lintian.html/ch2.html#s2.4
4. or fix the check of lintian in /usr/share/lintian/checks/shared-libs

Sincerly
Philipp Hahn
--
Philipp Matthias Hahn <pmhahn@debian.org>