Re: ITP takeover?

Hello David,

I am the owner of the ITP and I had been trying to add Code::Blocks to Debian repositories.
I had created the packages more than once but always having to change something to fulfill mentor's demands.  When everything was looking like it would be finally solved then Code::Blocks team started to use the new updated version of wxWidgets 2.8 which is not in the repositories. I had tried to ask the maintainer of the previous versions for a new version but he told me he wasn't in accordance that the new version was really stable and that he was not intending to add it to the repositories and that he thought it was better to wait for a version 3.0 of wxWidgets which was planned to be released on last January.
After talking to a debian developer friend of mine for councils he argued to me that it is not a good policy to build the uptodate version of wxWidgets passing over the previous maintainer opinions and that he thought it would be a good idea to wait for him to update wxWidgets before packaging Code::Blocks again.
Afterwards I realized that:
Then I was forced to wait for this situation to be cleared up into any direction before continuing the work and to accept that Debian distro really gets stuck some times if some dependecies could not be satisfied by community or even by one's point-of-view.
I have uploaded a lot of packages to debian mentors and the first-before-last package is still available there so if you want you can see it by yourself.
If you would like, I can forward all my communications to all of the people involved.

Best regards,
Erick Mattos.