Re: [CDBS] adding commands to the checking target.

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 23:37 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I am using CDBS for a package, in particular because it gives the support of
> the "nocheck" option for free, but in addition I want to disable by default the
> checks for some arches, because they take 20 min on an iMac G5…

If the tests are disabled, you won't know if some tests fail on
different architectures. The whole point of make check if ensuring that
the build works in environments other than the build machine.

What about simply limiting the scale of the tests - e.g. if the upstream
code uses a randomized input in a loop, maybe upstream could be patched
to support a configurable number of cycles in each test routine.

>  ifeq (,$(filter $(DEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU),$(SKIP_TEST_CPUS)))
>          @echo "Fast-cpu arch detected, performing checks."
>  else
>          @echo "Slow-cpu arch detected, skipping checks.t"
>          DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS += nocheck