Re: RFS: talkfilters

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 00:12:28 +0100
Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:

> Too bad, there's a lot of file conflicts with Joey Hess' "filters" which
> serve the same purpose.  In fact, filters which conflict are either very
> same files or reimplementations of those due to license problems.

Please see the ITP bug for talkfilters, #465086. Joey already contacted me, and
I wasn't aware of his package (my fault, sorry :(). I've already asked him if
he could make a library to be used as interface for other programs (like the
pacakge I prepared does). In the meanwhile, I've prepared a "stripped-down"
version of libtranslate (just posted the RFS), which has talkfilters support
enabled. We can always enable them later, with Joey's package! ;)

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino