.menu and .desktop files

Hi,

As an Ubuntu Developer I ask you to please do so, as if a package is
missing a .desktop file it will have to be modified in Ubuntu to add
it (and do this again each time we get a new revision of it from
Debian, until the Maintainer adds it to Debian).

Creating a .desktop file is pretty easy. You can find the latest
specifications here [0] on FreeDesktop.org, and a list of categories
on [1]. There is also some more information about them (including an
example) on Ubuntu's wiki, [2].

Once you created one, you can check if it is correct with the
"desktop-file-validate" command (available in the "desktop-file-utils"
package).

[0] http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/
[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/SupplementaryFiles#Desktop

Thanks,

GNU/Linux User #438657. Ubuntu User #11680.