Missing descriptions on mentors.debian.net

Fellow earthicans,

a few package maintainers have complained that sometimes newly uploaded
packages to mentors.debian.net got rejected with an "internal error"
complaining about the "Description" field. I was told that due to a
recent change in "dpkg" the ".changes" files that depict the files
belonging to a certain package no longer contain the "Description" field
from debian/control. That's a pity because I can no longer easily find
out which binary packages are built from looking at the ".dsc" or the
".changes" file. Currently such uploads display with a description of
"-" on the mentors.debian.net site. It's a feature. :(

In the next days I'll write a parser to rip the debian/control patch out
of the ".diff.gz" file and parse the information from there. Doesn't
really make me happy but at least I wanted to tell you that the problem
is known.

Thanks for using mentors.debian.net

Cheers
 Christoph

P.S.: As discussed a few weeks ago mentors.debian.net will be
      refactored. Which means it will be made more generic so that
      others can use a public repository like that on their own.
      I've started to put the work under a Trac at
      debexpo.workaround.org. Expect a shiny new mentors.debian.net
      during the summer based on "debexpo". :)
--
email@christoph-haas.de  www.workaround.org   JID: chrish@jabber.workaround.org
gpg key: 79CC6586         fingerprint: 9B26F48E6F2B0A3F7E33E6B7095E77C579CC6586